Job Title: Material Handler
The material handler is responsible for the loading of , unloading and paperwork of all material loads, boxes and other related items. The material handler manages the warehouse and storage areas as if they are the owner of the company and makes safety, quality and production the top 3 areas of focus, in the order listed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend the daily stretch and bend meeting with the entire shift.
- Assure that all company Safety Program Policies are being followed at all times.
- Unloads and loads product/materials to meet the customer specifications.
- Maintain proper products counts and records of all loads and warehoused material.
- Assist fellow employees as needed.
- Works with maintenance personnel when machines are down to get them up and running as quickly and safely as possible.
- Monitors that quality is being met on all products that are shipped and received.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Ensure that forklifts and yard mules are properly checked and maintained.
- The responsibilities listed are not inclusive. They might be changed, items added or deleted depending on the needs of the company at that time.
- Self-motivated person that does not need a lot of supervision
- Good people skills
- Dependable and team oriented
- Able to learn new skills
- Basic Mathematical skills
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- 1- 3 years in manufacturing
- 1- 3 years of forklift driving experience
- 1-2 years of semi driving experience